St Andrews Lutheran College is a well-established P-12 Christian College in the beautiful Tallebudgera Valley on the Gold Coast. It is a vibrant and innovative learning community where staff, as well as students, are cared for as individuals and empowered to be lifelong learners.
St Andrews Lutheran College is an equal opportunity employer. The College offers career opportunities to people who demonstrate passion, determination
and enthusiasm in contributing to our learning community. The College seeks people who are committed to ongoing professional learning and to working collaboratively to realise the Mission of the College in a team environment.
It is expected that applicants will have a genuine commitment to the Lutheran ethos of the College. A sound knowledge and understanding of national and state educational initiatives is essential, along with computer literacy. All teaching staff contribute to the cocurricular life of the College.
Current Postition(s) Available
ECT Teacher – St Andrews Lutheran College ELC- June 2017
St Andrews Lutheran College ELC is situated in the beautiful grounds of St Andrews Lutheran College E-12 College at Tallebudgera. We have an exciting opportunity for a teacher to join our Centre. We have been operating for two years and have established a great reputation and this year received rating of Exceeding in all quality areas under the National Quality Framework.
If you are a passionate ECT teacher that puts the children’s interest at the heart of what you do and would like to work in an amazing service with a Christian focus, a dedicated motivated team with exceptional resources, then this opportunity is for you. We operate 50 weeks of the year and operate as a Long Day Care Centre running an approved Kindergarten Program, three room service.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood or equivalent (recognised by ACECQA as an early childhood teaching qualification)
- Current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- Previous experience in a Teaching role within an Early Childhood environment will be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of National Quality Framework and Standards ("NQF" and "NQS"), the Early Years Learning Framework ("EYLF")
- Knowledge of the Primary Years Program (PYP) advantage
- The ability to uphold Christian Values and Ethos of the Service
- Current paid or exemption Blue Card
- Current First Aid/ CPR including Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a team
About the role:
In this role you will be responsible for the development and implementation of educational play based programs, including direct responsibility for a group of children. You will assist and support staff by working as part of a team to provide quality early education and care for children as well as providing holistic care for children and their families.
This role is a full time position commencing in early June 2017.
Rates and conditions as per the Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2010.
Please submit with your covering letter, a short resume including references to firstname.lastname@example.org
St Andrews Lutheran College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
St Andrews Lutheran College is a Smoke Free Work Environment.
St Andrews Lutheran College is an Asthma Friendly College.